As you browse, you will find that I fill my blog with flea market finds and other treasures to create that Romantic, Vintage

Cottage, French Paris feel for your home ~ I love roses, chippy, whites, pinks, vintage linens and lace, so you may find just what you're looking for ~ My items are handcrafted or repurposed into the perfect cottage decor, just for you ~



At times I feature other Artists Creations ~ with links to

their store. So please pause a little while and enjoy their talents.




Oh . . . and I just have to share some of my favorite flowers

with you, as well.








Thursday, May 5, 2011



This fabulous Vintage Doll is my latest find!  I am  so excited to come across her. She definately needs a new hair do . . . but I don't plan to change anything about her.  I don't know a great deal about dolls but I do know that she is quite old.  She is stuffed with straw and wool or cotton fiber. I will be getting her apraised and ready to go to her new home in my Etsy store in the next few days.


Her head is bisque or composition and her eyes are glass.


Notice the sweet little dimple in her chin.

 A bisque or porcelain is a doll made partially or wholly out of bisque
porcelain. Bisque dolls are characterized by their realistic, skin-like matte finish. They were very popular between 1860 and 1900 with French and German dolls. Bisque dolls are collectible, and antique dolls can be worth thousands of US dollars. Antique German and French bisque dolls from the 19th century were often made as children's playthings, but contemporary bisque dolls are predominantly made directly for the collectors market.

2 comments:

  1. wow - she looks almost real! it's truly amazing how dolls have changed over the years.

    ps. happy mothers day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure have. My best to you my friend. Mary

    ReplyDelete